Non-Surgical Blepharoplasty (PLEXR)
Heavy or baggy eyelids are a very common complaint and in fact, traditional surgical eyelid correction, is the 2nd most sought after cosmetic surgical procedure in the European countries. Redundant skin due to aging, long-term inflammation eg dermatitis or smoking, results in descent of the upper eyelids. In early sagging, this still cause problems such as eye make-up smudging. Below the eyes, the skin can be creased and give the eyes a tired look.
We can perform a “soft” surgical blepharoplasty. Therefore, without any needles or cutting of the skin, it can be effectively remove excess skin from around the eyes. This has numerous advantages over surgical blepharoplasty including significantly less downtime and risk.
PLEXR will also not negatively impact on the shape of the eye area or result in the scar line sometimes seen after surgery.
- No injectable anaesthetic required
- No cutting of skin
- No stitches required
- Quick & easy procedure
- Most patients can return to work the same day
- No thinning of the skin
- Significant cost saving
Details About The Procedure
- Procedure time: 10-30 minutes
- Full recovery: 15-20 days
- Duration of results: Long term ( 3-5 years )
- Back to work time: Immediate
- Sensitive period: 5-7 days
- Anesthesia: Local-topical cream only
- Risks & complications: Very low risk, itching, swelling